Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Things That Irritate Me

So, I don't have a lot of time but I am way overdue for a post. There are a ton of things that irritate me, so this may be my crutch topic when I need something to post about.

  1. My Roommate's Cat

    My roommate left his cat here while he went to see his family over Thanksgiving. He also left it with very little food. It had been irritating me more than usual, and Susan left me note saying it had no food. When I found the note Susan left, I already had decided that I was not running any more errands that evening, so I fed it a bowl of albacore. The next day, I went to Wal-Mart to get it some food. Words cannot describe how cool I felt wandering the aisles in Wal-Mart looking for cat food while being a single guy.

    I got home and fed the cat. I was hoping the cat would leave me the hell alone for awhile, but now she seemed to want my attention more than ever. It just goes to show my dad was right. "No good deed goes unpunished" he would tell me.

    Some people might say this cat is loveable, but I would call it high-maintenance and attention-starved.

  2. Content Quality vs. Content Quality

    Why is it that people whose content is shit just keep producing, while quality content providers release new material few and far between? I am sure some of you are saying "Well, it takes more time to produce quality content" and that is true. But f*ck off, I want to rant anyway.

    Locally, I have a few pathetic ambulance chasing lawyers that put out stupid, annoying content weekly. One of them is David Garrett, and his motto is "Call David Garrett. He'll know what to do." Wow, that's comforting. Why not "Call David Garrett. He is vaguely familiar with the process of settling a car accident"? I think if I were a lawyer (BRFFF, sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit), I would want my motto to imply some sort of skill or competency in my given trade.

    Then there's Daniel and Conway. One of the lawyers looks like he scoured big and tall stores for Crockett-and-Tubbs-looking suits on clearance sometime after Miami Vice went off the air. Their demeanor is as repulsive as there apparel. There latest shows the Miami Vice guy continually throwing handfuls of pills in his mouth while speaking. And while he is speaking, his point is basically that he and his homie are the best ambulance chasers since they aren't diversifying into the class action drugs suits. Well, I am hella-impressed.

    Then we have charr. He is off to a great start with his blog, and everyone I have pointed to the eavesdrop post has loved it.

    Oh shit, he updated this week. He is ruining my argument. But hell there are other examples... It is left as an exercise to the reader to come up with them.

  3. Blogger.com, or Blogspot.com, or whoever the hell hosts my blog, doesn't support trackback.

    I think it would be cool to see who linked to my blog, if that were to happen. It would be cool to see the blogger.com blogs that I have linked to.



Okay, so three things. This post sucks, and I guess I do, too.

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I linked to your blog. :-)

(www.platkat.com)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jim B said...

That's funny. I was just adding my "people list" to my template when I noticed your comment.

Thanks for linking me. You are now linked as well, but I would have linked you even if you hadn't linked me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home