Thursday, October 21, 2004

Okay, I would like to rant about bugzilla if i may. Here is a tool that is a hella good defect tracking tool. It seems like they strived (or is it stroved?) to a make a good, free, cross-platform bug tracking tool (All of which I am a fan of). But then the email notification totally depends on sendmail being installed in /usr/lib. Now sendmail is a mean, stupid, hard-headed animal. That is why they call it "Nature's president". If you get that reference, you are as big of a Mr. Show junkie as me. I have been cutting my teeth for the last few days trying to write a wrapper for sendmail for Lotus Notes. I would blame my current failure to do this on inadequate documentation for ::CreateProcess. CreateProcess takes LPCTSTR as a parameter for the command line to start this process. I have a diagnostics log that prints my command line parameter. I can paste that parameter from my log into a command line window and it works. Yet everytime bugzilla calls my wrapper program, I get GetLastErrorer() == 3 --> The path cannot be found. Anyone that can solve this issue will either make me feel like a retard or win eternal cool points, or maybe both.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, where's the warning? Additionally...since it looks like the majority of this will be aimed towards the computer programming crowd, can you highlight the witty/sarcastic things in some other color so that I can scan a little quicker? :) I'm being forced to drag out my minimal abilities to read programming languagues to see if there is some ironic point that I'm missing. If it's got some visual signal associated with it, it would help. ~Kelli

Hi Gus ~ I'm sure you don't remember me, but I had Leslie's sociology class with you my first semester at OU and I remember you were the guy with the roller blades who always sat in the front row. Weird, I know.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Razz Master said...

If memory serves me correctly, Jim normally uses black to indicate witty/sarcastic comments. I like to call it a gift he has.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger gus away from the metroplaza said...

Hey anonymous kelli-
I'd probably remember you if I saw you, but that also might be a stretch. As I've mentioned before, jim does most of the remembering for me, so there's a chance I still wouldn't remember you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home