Tuesday, May 15, 2007

7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

Gus tagged me, and I have little better to do.

1. My earliest memory is from age 3. I was walking next door with my neighbor who was a year older. He asked me if I were four yet. I said, "No, I am still three."

2. I actually liked the first Linkin Park CD even though I was plenty old enough to know better.

3. I have broken at least one window and/or windshield with the following items: a tennis ball, a soccer ball, my head.

4. I am not a germ-freak, but for the most part, I don't like people touching me. We can shake hands, play a contact sport, but don't make me high five you, and for the love of God, don't ever pat me on the back or lean on me. Don't get me started on people who have different ideas than me about whether hugging me is appropriate. I prefer physical contact is limited to the following:

- Shaking hands upon greeting and departure
- Contact sports (This does not include Gay Chicken)
- You are a doctor. Better yet, you are my doctor (or other medical professional).
- You are Adrienne.
- You are family or a close friend, but even then, let's keep it to a minimum.
- You are saving me from bodily harm or death

5. Many introverts find direct eye contact uncomfortable, but I often despise it. And it sucks how much non-introverts don't get this. Sometimes when I am making eye contact with someone I am not familiar with, it feels like that person is peering right into my soul, deciphering all my secrets, and depriving me of my last shred of privacy, all the while shining a spotlight on me so that my soul is not just exposed, it is also being advertised.

6. The smell of Tequila alone can make me vomit.

7. Even though I am in the worst shape in my life, I can still do a front handspring.

I tag no one.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've yet to see this handspring. I would like to see it demonstrated. We can put it on YouTube.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I feel you on number 5. I appear to have grown out of being an introvert, but eye contact is a difficult hurdle to jump. I am constantly afraid that people will mistake my directness with staring them down and become violent in self-defense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home